Wednesday, September 1, 2010

2 Miles Away

Hi Mom,

There was a gunman in the Discovery Building who held 3 hostages. He was eventually shot and killed. The Discovery Building is about 2 miles away from me, and the distance is the main reason that I submitted at least 5 job applications through the online job application site. A couple weeks ago the Discovery Channel had Shark Week, and big big big shark models were attached to the building. That's digressing from the main point, though. It must have been extremely scary, and I watched the news change on the Washington Post online whenever I could. Cars were diverted away from the scene, which resulted in more cars down Blair Road than I usually see when I walk home. I had a feeling it was a result of the hostage situation. How extremely scary, eh?

I hope you are well.

Love,
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment