Friday, September 3, 2010

The Creative Arts

Hi Mom!

I want to lose 30 pounds. I never tried to lose this much weight, and it's a little intimidating. I would like to exchange the sensual satisfaction obtained through sweets and salt with the sensual satisfaction of knitting with different fibers of different colors and color combinations. I certainly can't financially support an obsession with high-quality food with an obsession with high quality yarn. Next year I plan on attending the Sock Summit 2011 so I need to focus on increasing my skills in sock knitting before July. I think I can do well, and at Fibre Space there is some very cool multi-colored yarn with a little gold or other metallic colors. Socks may last a year or two, so I need to make myself some new socks. I had to throw away quite a few pairs I made last year. Time to move on.

I started to find satisfaction in grapes and salads. I just need to be more diligent; treat it like a course in high school. I never skipped out on high school classes unless I was really ill. That's it, I need to weigh myself tomorrow (EEK!), and then work from there, to include 2 salads/day and 2 times I juice fruit or vegetables a day.

Onward I go!

Love,
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment