Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Gnocchi

Hi Mom!

We never had gnocchi at home or at least I don't remember it. I bought a sweet potato gnocchi from Whole Foods, and it is total comfort food. I looked forward to it all day. I doused it in butter, and added a little black pepper, a little paprika, and some romano cheese = total comfort food, and enough cholesterol to stop traffic. Yum!

If I had decided to take the meal up a notch, I would have added parsley to the gnocchi to add complexity of flavor, and use gnocchi as a side dish and not the main course.

I tried making gnocchi once a long long time ago - I would guess it was about 1997 or earlier. I remember it as a flour-y experience, and I don't know if that was the time I broke the food mill or maybe I tried to make gnocchi a second time, and that's when I broke the food mill. Anyway, I think the recipe was from the Talisman Italian Cookbook by Ida Boni.

Cheers!
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment