Thursday, September 2, 2010

Friends knitting

Hi Mom!

I just knitted with my friend at a Thursday night knitting group in Alexandria, Virginia. It was at Fibre Space, which is about a year old, and has some very cool yarns. I finally started your Christmas present. Boy, will it be soft as it is all silk, and a beautiful teal. It's not green or yellow, but I think you will like it. The green and yellow or green/yellow combination yarns just didn't fit the bill.

It's always good to hang with Angel, and to say I have a friend. I could talk with her about waiting for Roy to come home, and I can talk with her about my career dreams. As single women in our 40s when we talk about family we are talking mostly about family of origin, and how our nieces/nephews mean a lot to us. It's good to have someone like that to talk to. She is crocheting potholders that are very cool.

I hope all is well with you!
Love,
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment